Sunday, May 30, 2010

Difference of Similarity got into semi-finalist

After submitted the script and also the idea of my story to the organizer. I received an email from them saying that i got into the top 30 and may proceeds to the story picthing interview and presentation on last 2 week ago, which 19th May at Eastin Hotel.

While waiting for the second result, i was thinking if i couldn't enter to the semi-round, it's still gonna be ok. At least i tried, and at least i get into the second stage which is the pitching presentation. Talk about the presentation, me and another 2 of my colleagues - Kenny and Reuben were there to present also. At first, i thought that is just another normal presentation that i always faced and i do not have to be nervous. (That's what i think.)

When my turn comes, i told myself, "Yes!, this it is! Let's do." But who knows, after i stepped in the main door of the hall, i saw a cameraman with his camera and lighting over there to prepared to shoot me when i present. Then, i said again, "Nah..that's nothing, tan wei peow." After setting up my presentation kit and giving out my photocopy scripts and storyboards, the first word that i talk was telling me, "crap!" Suddenly, the nervousness came from no where and i couldn't present well. But luckily, i still able to slowly catch up what i wanted to present after 5 minutes. By the way, it's only 10 minutes to present my script, storyboard and other stuffs.

Ahhh.. I always told the students not to be nervous when they present something in front of people, whether they are industry people, friends or strangers. But, me myself... ahh~..




Click here to go to the website.
Anyway..this is what i get after the week i presented my story. (typing error of the title.)

Yes, i got into the semi-final round for the competition where i got the chance to shoot my story into video!!! I am one of the 10 short-listed in semi-pro category. Now, let's do this! Start to plan my production and the rest. Need crews, need casting, need locations, need times... need helping hands. Crazying...

And also to thanks Joanne Ng who helps me to correct the English of my proposal and script and also colleagues, friends for the precious comments. Thank You!

4 comments:

gabrielle said...

hey congrats!

[ sphinxy ] said...

woots!

congrats wei peow!! ^^

When get datuk-ship dun forget me orh :P

weipeow said...

gabrielle, thank u
sphinxy, thank u and u think too much already. hehehe

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel